Translation of Quran In English - Surah Ha-Mim
- This is a sending down from the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
- This is a Book whose verses have been fully explained, an Arabic Quran for a people of understanding.
- Bearing glad tidings and warning. But most of them turned away their faces and listen not.
- And they said, 'Our hearts are in covers from that to which you invite us and in our ears are plugs and betweenus and you there is a curtain, therefore you do your work and we are doing ours.
- Say you, 'In being a human being I am indeed like you, it is revealed to me that your God is one God, so bestraight before Him and beg forgiveness from Him. And woe be to the associators.
- Who do not pay poor due (Zakat) and they deny the Hereafter.
- Undoubtedly, those who believe and do good works, there is for them endless reward.
- Say you, 'Do you indeed disbelieve in Him who made the earth in two days? And do you set up equals to Him'That is the Lord of the entire world.
- And He placed therein anchors of mountains rising above it and put blessings therein and ordained thereinprovisions for its inhabitants all this in four days, complete this for the enquirers.
- Then He turned towards the heaven and it was a smoke. Then He said to it and to the earth, 'come both of youwillingly or unwillingly. They both submitted,' we have come willingly.'
- Then He completed them as seven heavens in two days and He sent to each heaven the commands of its ownfunction. And We adorned the lower heaven with lamps and for protection. This is the decree of theHonourable. The All Knowing.
- But if they turn their faces then say you, 'I warn, you of a thunderbolt like the thunderbolt, which overtook Aadand Thamud.'
- When Messengers came to them from before them and behind them saying, 'worship none but Allah'. Theysaid, 'had our Lord so wished, He would have sent down angels, so we disbelieve in what you have been sentwith.
- And as to those who were Aad, they waxed proud in the earth without right and said, 'who is mightier instrength than us'. Did they not know that Allah who created them is mightier than they in strength? But theycontinued to deny Our signs.
- We therefore sent upon them a furious cold wind in the days of their misfortune so that We make them tastethe torment of humiliation in the life of the world. And undoubtedly, there is great humiliation in the torment ofthe Hereafter and they shall not be helped.
- And As For Thamud, We guided them but they preferred blindness to the guidance, therefore the thunder of ahumiliating torment overtook them, the punishment of their doings.
- And We saved those who believed and used to fear.
- And on the day when the enemies of Allah shall be driven towards the Fire, then those who will come first shallbe stopped till those coming next should meet them.
- Till when they will reach there, their ears and their eyes and their faces will bear witness against their doings.
- And they will say to their skins, 'Why did you bear witness against us? They will say, 'Allah made us to speak,He who bestowed speaking power to every thing and He created you the first time and towards Him you are toreturn.
- And where you would have gone hiding yourselves from Him lest your ears and your eyes and your skinsshould bear witness against you, hut you had already taken it for granted that Allah knows not much of yourdoings
- This is your conception, which you formed for your Lord, and it has ruined you, so now you are amongst thelosers.
- Then if they endure, the fire is their destination. And they beg to please Allah, then none would accept theirpleasing.
- And We appoint for them some companions, who made to appear fair seeming to them what is before themand what behind them, and the sentence was justified against them along with those groups that had alreadygone before them from amongst the jinn and mankind. Undoubtedly, they were losers.
- And the infidels said, 'listen not to this Quran and make absurd noise therein, haply you may over come.
- Therefore, most certainly We shall necessarily make the infidels to taste a severe torment. And undoubtedly,We shall recompense them for the worst of their deeds.
- This is the recompense of the enemies of Allah, the Fire wherein they are to abide forever' as the punishmentfor that they used to deny Our signs.
- And the infidels said, 'O Our Lord', show us those who misled us both Jinn and men, that we may put themunder our feet, so that they may remain among the lowest
- Undoubtedly, those who said, 'our. Lord is Allah then remain firm on it, the angels descend upon them, saying,'fear not, nor grieve and be glad with the paradise which you were promised.
- We are your friends in the life of this world and in the Hereafter. And for you therein is that which your soulmay desire, and for you therein is that which you may ask for.
- An entertainment from the Forgiving, the Merciful.
- And who is better in speech than him who invites towards Allah and does righteousness and says, 'I ammuslim'.
- And good and evil will not be equal O listener,' repel the evil with good, then he between whom and you therewas enmity will become as though he was your warm friend.
- And this wealth is granted not but to those who are steadfast and it is granted not but to the owner of greatfortune.
- If any provocation of the devil reaches you, then seek refuge in Allah. Undoubtedly, He is the Hearer, theKnower.
- And among His signs are the night and the day and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not before the sun northe moon and prostrate before Allah Who has created them if you are His bondman.
- But if they wax proud, then those who are with your Lord sanctify Him night and day and they weary not. [^](SAJDA) 11.
- And of His signs is that you see the earth lying worthless, but when We sent down rain to it, it became freshand mellow and grew. Undoubtedly He, Who gave life to it, shall necessarily give life to the dead. No doubt, Hecan do every thing.
- Undoubtedly those who seek crooked ways in Our signs are not hidden from Us. Is he then who shall bethrown in the Fire better or he who shall come secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do what you please;undoubtedly He is seeing your work.
- Undoubtedly, those who denied the reminder when it came to them, (ask not the condition of their misery) andundoubtedly it is an esteemed Book.
- There is no approach of falsehood to it either from before or from behind it. It is a sending down from One AllWise, All Praised.
- Nothing will be said to you, but only that which was said to the Messengers before you. Undoubtedly, yourLord is Forgiving and Master of painful torment.
- And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they surely would have said, Why not its verses have beenmade clear? What, a book in foreign tongue and the Prophet Arabian. Say you, 'that is a guidance and a curefor the believers.' And those who believe not, in their ears is a plug and to them it is a blindness. They are likethose. Who are called from a far off place.
- And undoubtedly, We bestowed a Book to Musa, but differences were created there in. And if a word had notgone before from your Lord, then henceforth the matter would have been decided between them. Andundoubtedly, they are surely in a confusing doubt about it.
- Whoso does righteousness it is for his own good and whoso does evil, it is for his own bad. And your Lord isnot at all unjust to His bondmen.
- The knowledge of the Hour is referred to Him alone. And no fruit comes forth from its sheath, and neither anyfemale bears and nor brings forth but with His knowledge. And the day when He will call them, "Where are Myassociates"? They will say, 'We have already proclaimed to you that there is no witness among us.
- And those, whom they used to worship before, were lost from them and they have known for certain that theyhave no place of escape.
- Man tires not of praying for good and if any evil touches him then he loses hope, becoming desperate.
- And if We make him taste of mercy from Us after the affliction that had touched him, then he will say, 'this ismy own, and in my opinion the Hour will not come'. And even if I be returned to my Lord, necessarily, for methere is good with Him. Then surely We shall tell the infidels all that whatever they did, and We shall certainlymake them taste severe torment.
- And when We bestow favour on man, he turns his face and withdraws towards himself and when evil toucheshim then he is of prolonged prayer.
- Say you, 'well tell you if this Quran is from Allah and yet you reject it, who is then more astray than one who isin a far off opposition.
- Soon, We shall show them Our signs in the entire world and in their own selves, till it becomes clear to themthat it is the truth. Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness over all things?
- Listen, they are surely in doubt concerning the meeting with their Lord, Hearken! He encompasses everything.