Translation of Quran In English - Surah Nuh
- Undoubtedly, We sent Nuh towards his people saying warn them before a painful torment comes to them.
- He said, O my people, I am to you a manifest warner.
- That worship Allah, and fear Him, and obey Me.
- He will forgive some of your sins and grant you respite till an appointed time. Undoubtedly, the promise ofAllah cannot be deferred when it comes. Any how you would have known.
- He submitted, O my Lord, I have called my people night and day.
- But my calling has only increased them in fleeing away.
- And every time I called them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers into their ears, coveredthemselves with their garments, and persisted and waxed great proud.
- Then I called them openly.
- Then I spoke to them publicly and spoke to them in secret too.
- And I said, 'beg forgiveness of your Lord, He is Most Forgiving.
- He will send down upon you rain in torrents.
- And He will help you with wealth and children and will make for you gardens and will make for you streams.
- What happened to you? that you hope not to achieve honour from Allah.
- While He has made you in diverse stages.
- Do you not see that Allah has made seven heavens one upon another?
- And He illuminated therein the moon and has made the sun as a lamp.
- And Allah has caused you to grow from the earth like vegetation.
- Then He will cause you to return there to and will bring you forth for the next time.
- And Allah has made the earth for you as a bed spreading.
- That you may walk through its wide ways.
- Nuh said, 'O my Lord! they disobeyed me and followed such one whose wealth and children have only added tohis losses.
- And they have plotted a tremendous plot.
- And they said, 'never leave your gods and leave not Wadd nor Suwa nor Yaghuth and Yauq and Nasr'. (idols ofpagan Arabs)
- And undoubtedly, they have led many astray; so increase You not the unjust but in error.
- And because of their wrong doings, they were drowned, then made to enter the Fire. Then they found not forthemselves any helpers against Allah.
- And Nuh submitted, 'O my Lord leave not of the infidels any inhabitant upon the earth'.
- Undoubtedly, if You would allow them to live, they will lead astray Your bondmen and they will beget none butan evil doer, an ungrateful.
- 'O my Lord! forgive me and my parents and him who is in my house as a believer and all believing men and allbelieving women'.