Translation of Quran In English - Surah At-Tahrim
- 'O the communicator of the Unseen (Prophet) why do you forbid for yourself what Allah has made lawful toyou, seeking the pleasure of your wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
- Undoubtedly, Allah has ordained for you absolution from your oaths; and Allah is your Protector, and Allah isKnowing, Wise.
- And when the Prophet told a secret matter to one of his wives, then when she disclosed it and Allah disclosed itto the Prophet, the Prophet made known to her some part, and overlooked some part thereof, And when theProphet informed her of it she said 'who has informed you of it. He said, 'The Knowing, the Aware hasinformed me'.
- If you two wives of the Prophet turn towards Allah for your hearts are necessarily deviated from the path, but ifyou two force him, then undoubtedly, Allah is his helper, and Gibrael, and the righteous believers and after thatthe angels are his helpers.
- It is possible that, if he divorces you, his Lord may give him in exchange better wives than you; obedient,believing, well mannered, pertinent, devout in worship, fasting, married, and virgins.
- 'O believers!, 'save yourselves and your family members from the Fire whose fuel is men and stones, overwhich are appointed angels, stern and severe, who disobey not the Commands of Allah and do what they arecommanded.
- 'O you the infidels! do not make excuses this day. You shall only be recompensed for what you used to do.
- 'O believers! Turn towards Allah in such a way that it may become an admonition for future. It may be thatyour Lord will remove your evils from you, and make you enter the Garden beneath which flow streams, theday when Allah will not disgrace the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will be running infront of them and on their right hands. They will say, 'O our Lord!!, complete our lights for us and forgive us'.Undoubtedly, You have authority over everything.
- 'O the Communicator of unseen (Prophet)! strive hard against the infidels and hypocrites and be strict againstthem, And their destination is Hell. And what an evil end it is.
- Allah sets forth the example of the infidels, the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut. They were under marriage ofOur two near ones bondmen, then they defrauded them. So they availed them nothing against Allah and it wassaid to them, enter you both into the Fire with those who enter.
- And Allah sets forth the example of muslims, the wife of Firawn. When she said, 'O my Lord! Build a house forme in the Paradise with You and deliver me from Firawn and his work and deliver me from the people unjust.
- And Maryam the daughter of Imran who preserved her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our spirit and sheconfirmed the words of her Lord and His Books and became of obedients.