Translation of Quran In English - Surah Luqman
- Alif Lam Mim.
- These are the verses of the Book of wisdom.
- These are a guidance and mercy for the righteous.
- Those who establish the prayer and pay the poor due (Zakat) and have firm faith in the Hereafter.
- They only are upon the guidance from their Lord and they are successful.
- And some people buy words for mere playing that they may mislead from the path of Allah without knowledgeand to make fun of it. For them are the humiliating torments.
- And when Our signs are recited to him, he turns proudly away, as though he heard them not, as if there washeaviness in his ears. Therefore, give him good tidings of painful torment.
- Undoubtedly, those who believe and do good works, for them there are gardens of bliss.
- They will abide therein. The promise of Allah is true. And He only is the Honorable the Wise.
- He made the heavens without pillars that you can see and put in the earth anchors lest it shake with you, andHe has scattered therein all kinds of animals, and We sent down water from the sky, then We caused to growin the earth every fine pairs of plant.
- This is the creation of Allah, show me what others have created beside Him. Nay! the unjust are in clear error.
- And undoubtedly, We bestowed to Luqman wisdom saying, 'Be grateful to Allah'. And whoever is grateful, isgrateful for the good of his own and whoever is ungrateful then certainly Allah is Self Sufficient, All praised.
- And remember when Luqman said to his son and he was admonishing him, 'O my son, associate not any onewith Allah'. 'Undoubtedly, the association with Allah is a tremendous wrong'.
- And We have stressed on man concerning his parents, his mother bore him undergoing weakness uponweakness and his weaning takes two years that give thanks to Me and to your parents. Lastly, the return istowards Me.
- And if they both strive to make you associate with Me a thing of which you have no knowledge then obey themnot and accompany them in the world very well and follow him who turned to Me repently, then to Me is yourreturn, I shall inform you what you used to do.
- 'O my son! The evil if it be even to the weight of a grain of mustered seed, then it be in a rock or in theheavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Undoubtedly Allah is Knower of every subtlety, Aware.
- 'O my son! Establish prayer and bid doing good and forbid evil and be patient over whatever befall upon.Undoubtedly, these are affairs of determination.
- And make not your cheek crooked while talking to any one and walk not in the earth struttingly. UndoubtedlyAllah loves not any arrogant boaster.
- And walk moderately and lower your voice to some extent. Undoubtedly in all voices, the most hideous voice isof an ass.
- Have you not seen that Allah has made subservient for you whatever is in the heavens and in the earth andhad bestowed upon you in full His graces open and hidden? And among people, there are some who contestabout Allah without knowledge and with no wisdom and without a luminous Book.
- And when it is said to them, 'follow what Allah has sent down', then they say, 'on the contrary, we shall followthat on which we found our father'. What! even though the devil may be calling them towards the torment ofthe Hell?
- Therefore whoso submits his face towards Allah and be a good doer, then undoubtedly, he has caught hold ofa strong handle. And towards Allah is the end of all affairs..
- And whoso commits infidelity, let not his infidelity grieve y out To Us is their return, then We shall tell themwhat they used to do. Undoubtedly Allah knows what is inside the breasts.
- We shall allow them to carry on a little then making them helpless We shall drive towards severe torment.
- And if you ask them who has created the heavens and the earth, they will surely say 'Allah', say you, 'Allpraises belong to Allah'. But most of them know not.
- To Allah belongs whatever is in the heaven and the earth. Undoubtedly He is self-sufficient All Praiseworthy
- And if all trees in the earth were pens and the seas, were ink of it with seven more seas added after it, thewords of Allah would not be exhausted. Undoubtedly, Allah is Honourable. Wise.
- The creation of you all and raising on the Day of Resurrection is only like a single soul. Undoubtedly, Allahsees, Hears.
- 'O Listener! Have you not seen that Allah brings night in the day and makes the day in the night and He madethe sun and the moon to serve, each pursues its course till an appointed time -and that Allah is Aware of yourworks?
- This is because Allah is the only Truth and that which they worship besides Him are all falsehood and becauseonly Allah is High, Great.
- Have you not seen that the boat moves in the river by the grace of Allah, that He may show you some of HisSigns? Undoubtedly in it are signs for every patient, grateful.
- And when any wave befalls them like mountains then they call upon Allah having pure faith on Him. But whenHe brings them safe towards land, then some of them keep to the middle course. And none shall deny Oursigns but every perfidious, ungrateful.
- 'O people! Fear your Lord and have apprehension of the day when no father will be of any avail to his son andnot any serviceable son will be able to provide any benefit to his father. Undoubtedly the promise of Allah istrue, therefore let not the life of this world deceive you concerning Allah.
- Undoubtedly, with Allah is the knowledge of the Hour, and He sends down rain and knows what is in thewombs of the mothers and no soul knows what it will earn tomorrow and no soul knows in what land it will die.Undoubtedly, Allah is the Knower, All Aware.